AIR STERILIZER (PATENT PENDING)
Our Air Sterilizer is a movable floor unit that uses a three-phase process to sterilize air in patient rooms. The result is an 86-92% reduction in Colony Forming Units, reduction of allergens, and a reduction in bad odors. This safeguards patient health, decreases the risk of health care-associated infections (HAIs), creates a more pleasant environment for patients and staff, and ultimately saves money for hospitals.
HOW IT WORKS
- Air entry - contaminated air is sucked in through the bottom of the unit. At first, the air passes through a pre-filter located at the inlet, which is capable of removing air borne particles having a diameter bigger than 200 μm. The air is then moved via a ventilator housing into a cartridge filter.
- UV-C radiation - inside the unit, the air is irradiated by light from powerful UV-C lamps (light wavelength is ~254 nm). The overall intensity of the lamps is 392 μW/cm². This radiation destroys the DNA/RNA of bacteria, fungi, and viruses.
- TiO2-coated filter - next, the air passes through a titanium dioxide-coated filter. Because this filter is irradiated with UV-C light, a photo catalytic reaction takes place. Strong oxidizing hydroxyl radicals are formed, and will destroy the cell walls of the bacteria and viruses present.
- Carbon filter - after that, the air passes through an activated carbon filter that absorbs odors and other particulate pollutants.
- HEPA H14 filter - as a final phase, the air is pushed through a pleated HEPA H14 filter that removes microorganisms and has a filtration efficiency of 99.995% of airborne particles (including bacteria and viruses) of less than 0,2 μm in diameter.
- Recirculation - lastly, the sterilized air is recirculated into the surrounding space.
THE AIR STERILIZER COMES IN 2 SIZES SMALL AND LARGE
Small air sterilizer – designed for rooms up to 80 m2. The unit processes 400 m3 of air/hour during daytime and 200 m3/hour during nighttime. It has three powerful UV-C lamps (254 nm), 0,75 m2 TiO2 coated filter, a 0,8 m2 activated carbon filter with 500 gram activated carbon per m2 and 14,5 m2 HEPA 14 filter
Large air sterilizer – designed for rooms over 80 m2. The unit processes 800 m3 of air/hour during daytime and 400 m3/hour during nighttime. It has four powerful UV-C lamps (254 nm), 1,15 m2 TiO2 coated filter, a 1,2 m2 activated carbon filter with 500 gram activated carbon per m2 and 22,5 m2 HEPA 14 filter
A prospective examination of the air-sterilizer carried out at the Intensive Care Unit 4131 at the Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet in Denmark, showed a significant reduction of CFUs. Staff also experienced a considerably better work environment and noted a reduction of malodor.